Tuesday 12 June 2007

Symptoms of Adjustment

(ECG: Electrocardiogram)

W
hile the benefits of Aikido are almost too numerous to count, potential drawbacks need to be considered.

It took my body a whole month to adjust to the Aikido training regimen, the stretches and training techniques shocking my body to a whole new level of functional performance.

Following the initial bodily aches and pains, I was visited with knee and ankle discomfort, something which I still occasionally experience but only after extensive sitting in the seiza position (try sitting on your legs for half an hour and tell me you still feel comfortable!)

Where does this leave me?

Within the past 6 months, on at least four occasions, I have experienced dizziness, nausea, light headedness, weakness of limbs, and overall exhaustion.

Blood pressure? The search continues, and my GP has yet to be of much help in this regard. In the mean time, after having had preliminary heart and function tests I have turned to Traditional Chinese Medicine.

No comments: