Tuesday 12 June 2007

Alternative Chinese Medicine: Aka Herbs!!

(Beijing Tong Ren Tang: Alternative
Chinese Herbalists)

T he TCM herbalist only spoke Cantonese, but luckily my partner was able to attend and translate for us.

It would be wonderful if GP's could be as attentive and curious as this particular TCM herbalist was towards my symptoms and possible diagnosis. Within a short period of time he had my complete trust, and although I was speaking through my partner to him I couldn't help but feel incredibly appreciative to have his advice and diagnosis.

A week and a half on the herbs have left me feeling incredibly elated and energetic. It is (almost!) a joy to wake up every morning, and at night time the bed feels so wonderfully comfortable and inviting. It's difficult to explain the effect these herbs seem to have had on me.

A week into the treatment left me with a slight case of acne, though this is being managed quite well with frequent facial washes throughout the day.

Aikido training has been incredible while I have been on these herbs. My stamina seems to have increased tenfold, and my symptoms have so far not repeated themselves or shown any sign of returning. Whether or not these great benefits continue when I discontinue the herbal treatments is another story.

I hope the benefits are not temporary. At $120 for a weeks worth of herbal soup, as wonderful (though terribly bitter) as the concoction has proven to be, really is not an affordable option for me on a long term basis.

Only time will tell.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.